Apply Now In the market for a new auto, truck or SUV or ready to refinance the one you own? Our competitively low rates and flexible terms will make it easier to buy the vehicle you want at a monthly payment you can comfortably afford.*
Auto Buying Steps
It pays to be prepared. Before purchasing that new car, truck or SUV, do your research. What you learn now could save you time and money later.
- Check loan rates
- Research and compare
- Check New v Pre-owned vehicle pricing
- Check insurance quotes
- Shop your local dealers
- Check your credit
- Calculate your payment
- Apply now
Car Buying Tips
- Make car shopping easier with these guidelines.
- Shop and price automobile insurance to include liability, comprehensive and collision insurance.
- Order your free annual credit report to check your credit history and credit score at annualcreditreport.com.
- Car loan interest rates are based on your credit score.
- Estimate your vehicle payment with GECU’s loan calculator.
- Visit Carfax.com to find out the condition and history of the car. Estimate the value with NADA.com.
- Prices are negotiable – shop around, look at different vehicles, visit dealer websites.
- Find the best rate and take advantage of all rebates and dealer incentives when available.
- Financing extras to protect your vehicle and your loan will add to your monthly payment. Discuss the benefits and the costs with the dealership. These include,
- Service agreements
- GAP insurance
- Life and disability insurance.**
- Figure in monthly costs for maintenance, servicing and fuel usage.
- Understand the loan details, including amount financed, term, interest rate and payment amount before signing.
When you’re ready to make an offer on that new vehicle, remember to ask for GECU financing.
Sources: Ask.com and smartsense.com.
*All loans subject to approval. Rates and terms based on borrower’s credit qualifications and subject to change. Other conditions may apply. APR - Annual Percentage Rate. Refinancing does not apply to existing GECU loans.
**The purchase of insurance is not required to apply for a vehicle loan.